25.12.09

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, I'm leaving for Israel in the morning, and I may or may not have time to write again before I go, although I'm sure I'll write while I'm there. Anyways, I found this poem that I wrote a few years back, and, although I usual remember the thoughts behind my writings, I have no recollection of this piece, writing it or the feelings/thoughts behind it. I'd like feedback and thoughts on it though. Just let me know what you think it may have stemmed from, or what it makes you feel; literary discussion!

Intoxication

The syrum lies within my grasp.
It is all I'll ever keep,
what's left of love, what's left of life,
what's found in heartache, found in strife
is counted by tears I weep,
by those mem'ries I dare to trap.

My mind tumbles, my stomach sinks
with sounds you make into words,
for they twist into loss of love
to pull out of reach the soul of
the one who's farther than birds,
yet lays in my arms lips still pink.

Through thick or thin than time within,
I quickly have fondly grown.
But their mindset is not the same
running 'gain in Love's unfair game.
And again I am alone,
left to wonder what could have been.

A pebble falls before I do,
the seering feel through me flies.
Time slows as I'm strangled with fear,
inevitably I draw near.
My final thoughts are not cries,
something beyond me stops that too.

It happens so quickly, so fast,
last seen a flash of white light.
Pain spreads like marionette strings
pulled tight with ease, snapping doves' wings.
A crescent smile comes within sight,
their hand is reached out in the vast.

Through trials and tribulations,
one grasps for this, their mind set.
Look for sweet intoxication
of hope. That will be salvation.
No pain can make you forget
the sweet: Hope Intoxication.

No comments:

Post a Comment